• Our use of PDF images utilising the latest OCR technology means no expensive licences or software and minimal input from your own IT team.
• Once indexed with your chosen key field indicators the addition of OCR means any text information whether that be alpha or numeric can be searched across a number of records, a single file or an entire database. Meaning our Document Scanning in Slough process makes it much easier for you and your staff to find documents in the future and frees up space in your workspace.
• We are happy to complete a document scanning sample free of charge using your own documents to demonstrate the ease at which you can now search and locate business critical information from your desktop.
The Benefits of Document Scanning
- INSTANT ACCESS TO ALL OF YOUR FILES FROM YOUR DESKTOP
- OVERCROWDED OFFICES
- VASTLY IMPROVED PRODUCTIVITY
- LOST AND MIS-FILED DOCUMENTS
- COMPLIANCE AND BEST PRACTICE
What Documents can be scanned?
Typically the type of document we scan are:
Quality and Audit Documents
Planning and Building Control Files
GRN’s and Delivery Notes
What Type of Companies Have We Provided Document Scanning in Slough For?
MANUFACTURING, ENGINEERING, AUTOMOTIVE, CONSTRUCTION
AEROSPACE, OIL & GAS, PHARMACEUTICAL
LOCAL GOVERNMENT & NHS
UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES
SOLICITORS, ACCOUNTANTS, RECRUITMENT
Scanning and Indexing process
Prior to any document scanning project commencing all documents will require preparation, this is when we will de-staple, unfold, and repair the documents prior to scanning. We would also remove and label any large format drawings so they can be scanned on our large format scanner.
The documents will then be scanned using auto colour where necessary to make sure any boundaries, red areas or photographs are correctly captured. Any large format drawings or oversized documents can also be scanned in colour (if required) and merged at the end of the small format file.
How can we be sure of a quality service?
We are fully accredited to ISO 9001:2015 quality assurance standards and work within all guidelines of PD0008:1999. With this and our own ever evolving quality checks you can be assured of the best possible quality every time.
How will the process work?
We would arrange a suitable date and time with yourselves for the collection of your files.
Upon arrival at your premises we would carefully box your files (if required) using our own staff and boxes (no customer staff required, except for supervision) this process would be done with the minimum of disruption.
We would then load our van with the boxes taking care that your files are never left unattended, once loaded we would issue you with a collection note and the van would then return directly to our secure conversion facility.
OCR Process (Optical Character Recognition)
The Scanned PDF files will then be OCRED, this allows you to search for any text – alpha or numeric within any document or group of documents to make it even easier to find what you are looking for.
In accordance with our ISO 9001:2015 quality accreditation our quality department will check each file for quality and clarity and integrity prior to despatch with a job number, customer name, and expected return date.
Return of Electronic Images
The scanned document images will then be returned by hand on DVD or a memory stick to yourself on a prearranged date and time.
Destruction of Original Paperwork
Once the documents have been scanned the original documents will be stored for up to three months after the electronic files have been returned. This can be extended if required, we would then ask you for permission to destroy the original files (they will not be destroyed without your prior permission). Once we have your permission the file will be cross shredded to European and ITAR standards prior to recycling.
get in touch
© COPYRIGHT 2021 – UK DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.